The Campus Mind Works project is pleased to provide the following support service for University of Michigan students:
Drop-In Campus Mind Works Groups
Please join us for:
- Presentation and Q & A focusing on topics which impact student mental health.
- Facilitated support group session to:
- discuss challenges faced when coping with depression, anxiety, and mood swings
- share successful strategies for managing illness in the context of college life
- connect with other students who may have similar experiences.
When: The 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
October – April, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Schedule of upcoming educational presentation topics:
Please check back in August for the Fall 2014 schedule. In the meantime, check out our archive of past presentations.
The Campus Mind Works Groups are open to any U-M student who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, major depression, and/or chronic anxiety, or anyone interested in obtaining more information about these issues. The groups are designed for education and support purposes only, and are not intended to be a substitute for medical or mental health treatment.
These FREE education/support groups are a service of the U-M Depression Center in partnership with the College of Engineering, and are run by clinical staff from the U-M Department of Psychiatry.
No pre-registration is required.
Other support groups on campus:
- New mid-winter groups
- Contemplators! For students interested in exploring their use of substances. Tuesdays, 1:00pm - 2:20pm
- We're The First! For students who are the first in their family to attend college. Tuesdays, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- KORU- Mindfulness for the Emerging Adult, Wednesdays, 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Breaking Free from Depression, Thursdays, 3:45pm - 5:15pm
- Beginning Meditation, Thursdays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm,
- Multiracial Discussion Group, Tuesdays, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Conquering Social Anxiety, Tuesdays, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Complete list of CAPS Support Groups